Thursday, March 11, 2010

Iligan - My Place, My Home

Iligan City is used to be "The Industrial City of the South". Because of consecutive industrial plant shutdowns, it is no longer considered as the Industrial City yet it still has its label - "The City of Majestic Waterfalls". It best describes the wonderful and breathtaking picture of one of the best gifts from God, nature - the waterfalls.  Maria Cristina Falls is a waterfall in Mindanao island and a landmark of my hometown.
It is located 8.5 kilometers away southwestof the city proper. Well-known for its natural beauty and grandeur, the 320-feet high waterfalls is also the primary source of power for the city's industries and the whole Mindanao region.

Iligan doesn't only showcase waterfalls but also various springs and pools. Take a look at some pools to visit in Iligan City.


El Lauriento Swimming Pool


Spring Pool


Mimars Swimming Pool




Come and Visit Iligan! Have an unforgettable experience so you won't be missing half of your llife!
Laag n dayon sa Iligan!as in now na.. (,^^)














5 comments:

  1. I have been here! the experience was amazing! I swear the place is really great and historic! this is a very nice post abotu iligan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. yeah!
    Iligan is the best..not just a nice place to visit but also nice place to settle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello flor!^_^ Nice blog you have. :D Allow me to comment ok.. :D I didn't know El Lauriento Swimming Pool is actually Timoga spring pool.. hahaha! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...thanks.
    but El Lauriento and Timoga Spring Pool are 2 different pools..:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your pride for your home city. I understand as I too am proud of my own- Cagayan de Oro. I have been there in Timoga as well and even in the Maria Cristina falls. You've got a lot of falls huh. :) And true, your city is industrialized since I have seen a lot of plants and factories there. Awesome. Well, you can also visit our place too-here in Cagayan de Oro and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Say it!